Promoting opportunities for youth in agriculture
Foundation for Young Farmers “F4YFKenya” intends to attract the younger generation back into farming. We’re defining the issues that young farmers face, fight for the policy changes that we need, and bring young farmers together in person and online to learn, share and build a stronger young farmers community.
AS YOUNG FARMERS, we are dedicating our lives to building a prosperous agricultural sector. We are counting on farming to support not only ourselves, but our communities and our nation. The world is counting on us to stimulate growth in rural communities, to produce a healthy food supply, and to protect water, air and soil.
Our mission is to inform, educate and promote Young people in the agriculture industry.
We envision a country where young people who are willing to work, get trained and mentored to support themselves and their families in farming.
Foundation for Young Farmers (F4YFKenya) aims at creating sustainable programs to nurture and develop young agriculture entrepreneurs. Having recognized the potential role of youth in contributing to agricultural revolution, it became imperative to develop a long term comprehensive programs that would attract and inspire the youth to actively participate in agriculture as a career. We serve as a platform through which young people can realize their full potential towards agriculture.
Our key objectives are:
- Providing a platform where young people can share farming experiences;
- Provision of training, advice and expertise on agricultural projects and schemes;
- Helping Young people draft viable Business plans and set up viable agricultural projects and community programs;
- Linking the youth to agriculture stake holders; financial institutions, Government agencies, input producers, NGOs and research firms and market;
- Soliciting grants/donations to support young people venture into farming;
- Sensitizing the youth on the need to engage in agriculture through group campaigns and social media.